In Tank Fuel Pump

I was looking to change my in tank fuel pump on my 89 740 last weekend.But ran into some problems.Do I have to remove all (4) connections from the sending unit to remove it from the tank? Plus the electrical connector? How is the electrical connector hooked to the unit? Is it a push on pull off affair or screwed on? Any advice or help would be appreciated. Thanks Larry

Reply to
Ford Fan

Yes, you need to remove all connections. The wire connected to the sender is more than 2 feet long. Follow it inside the trunk where it's connected to the car harness under the filler pipe.

Reply to
Mike F