Indicator relay location on a 244

Hi there,

Does anybody know where the indicator relay is locoted on a 1977 volvo model

244.

Thanks,

Jerry

Reply to
Gerrit

I believe it's behind the side of the center console, just to the right of the driver's leg, assuming LHD car. If it works at all, you can find it by the clicking.

Reply to
James Sweet

If it's the same as a '83, remove the left side plastic panel and you'll see (hear) it. [recently touched up the solder joints on mine...]

Reply to
clay

Thanks Guys,

I found it, the problem was it had stopped clicking,

Thanks again, Jerry

Reply to
Gerrit

In case you weren't aware, they typically stop working because the solder joints crack. You can pop the cover off and touch all the solder joints with a iron to sweat them closed and it may work again. I've successfully done this to my turn signal and OD relay. Don't expect to see the cracked joints. They're usually too small to spot. Carefully touch each solder spot with a hot iron to melt them.

Reply to
clay

Works best to flow a bit of fresh rosin core electronics solder into each joint, the new flux cleans the component leads and improves bonding. Cracked solder joints often appear as a tiny hairline fracture all the way around the pin, takes good eyes, but with experience they become easy to spot. You can also get cold joints that have a dull appearance where the solder did not flow properly and bond with the pad and/or lead.

Reply to
James Sweet