Information for US 850 owners

This may have been posted here in the last month, but if it was I missed it.

My Volvo dealer informed me this week that the fuel tank seepage service recall has been extended to all 850s from '94-'97, regardless of the state the car was purchased in, or is registered in. The tank will be replaced if any seepage is found; otherwise the dealer will install a bushing to the heat shield attachments.

The second thing is that until October '05, Volvo is offering

30% back on all genuine Volvo parts installed by Volvo care, upto a maximum of $200. Your dealer should have rebate coupons.

Beverly

Reply to
Bev A. Kupf

Sorry, the recall was for our '01 V70XC, not the '95 850. My mistake. It was announced several months ago, but we just got the letter.

Reply to
Stephen Henning

Does Volvo give loaners for these recalls?

Thanks.

-JW

Reply to
JW

I don't know -- I imagine that varies by dealer. The fuel tank fix takes less than 45 minutes (if the tank doesn't have to be replaced), so I'm certain they won't.

Beverly

Reply to
Bev A. Kupf

Some do and some don't. You have to ask when you make your appointment. Actually you should ask this before you buy a car if it is important to you. My Volvo dealer will supply a loaner if I schedule it in advance. Usually it is a new Volvo. He will take me most anywhere I ask if I haven't arranged a loaner.

Reply to
Stephen Henning

Same experience here. If I pre-schedule service, the dealer will give me a car, unless it is something really quick -- like an oil change. In which case, they're happy to ferry me to where I want to be (I've never asked them to take me to downtown Chicago, which is an hour from the dealership, but they've taken me to a Borders that about 10 minutes away).

My Volvo dealer is also an Infiniti dealer, so I either get a new Volvo, or a new Infiniti.

Beverly

Reply to
Bev A. Kupf