Installing amp in S70

I am installing an amp in a '98 S70 using the stock head unit and speakers for the moment. I ran speaker wire from the amp to the existing wires behind the headunit.

According to the back deck speakers and back door speakers should be on the same wires, but when i connected them to the amp, only the deck speakers worked. There is absolutely no sound from the back door speakers.

Any ideas why this happened?

Reply to
jmccraney

I *think* you'll find the S70 has just deck speakers and nothing behind the door cards. The V70 has door speakers and no deck speakers.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (remove obvious)

They certainly were in the '98 S70 I installed an amp in, and the "D" pillar and back door speakers were connected the same way in the '98 V70 that I also installed an amp in. Where are you connecting to these wires?

Reply to
Mike F

I cut the speaker wires from the wiring harness on the back of the head unit and ran speaker wire from these to the amp. The wires that don't correspond to speakers I left connected.

Reply to
jmccraney

Where should I check to see if the wires for the rear speakers are loose?

Reply to
jmccraney

So the rear door speakers work when connected the "old" way? There's a connection at the speaker, of course, and a connection where the harness from inside the car joins the door harness that's visible with the door open. Plus there's a couple of huge connectors where millions of dash wires connect to the car harness, but the chances of a problem there that would only affect the rear door speakers is so remote that it could be considered impossible.

Perhaps your new amp blew the door speakers.

Reply to
Mike F

Thanks for the help, I'll check these out.

Reply to
jmccraney