Installing cruise control 240

My wife wants cruise control in her 1993 245. From what I've been able to find out, it sounds like the basic are already wired into the car and that the install is relatively easy. Any recommendations for instructions and sources for the parts would be greatly appreciated. There are a couple of sets on eBay right now.

Also, the power windows in this car are hinky. The driver's door goes up and down fine, the passenger door doesn't. It rolls down reliably but not up, the switch seeming to be intermittent. Is the switch the likeliest culprit, or is there something else I should check (window relay?). AFAIK the rear windows don't work at all from the rear, regardless of which way the lockout switch is positioned. The rear windows don't work from the driver's switches either.

Reply to
Tim McNamara

The problem with the front door window is almost certainly the switch. They can be removed, taken apart and cleaned (do it somewhere where you can collect the parts that fall out of the switch as it comes apart, there's 2 ball bearings, 2 small springs, and 2 loose contact plates. ) For the rear doors, I'd first look where the wires flex as the doors open and close.

Reply to
Mike F