Insurance for Volvo 240 Classic

Hi! After a long search, I've finally been able to acquire one of the numb ered 240 Classics (mine's #611). I'm crazy about the car and have wanted o ne for the longest time. I was even more excited to get one of the teal gr een sedans, which happens to match my teal green 1993 240 wagon.

If I keep the Classic on my regular car insurance, if anything happens to i t I would only be able to recoup what Edmunds gives as the replacement valu e for a 1993 240 sedan, which is only a few hundred dollars. So I'm wonder ing if I would be better off paying a bit more to get insurance for collect ible cars. It's actually not terribly expensive, just more expensive than regular auto insurance.

Any thoughts?

Reply to
Patricia Butler

It can be a lot LESS than regular insurance if you can get classic car (or historic vehicle - whatever your state/province calls them), for that age car. Restricts your use a little bit - but for a "hobby" car, no problem.

Reply to
clare