Intmt no-start 92 Volvo turbo 740

I got aux fan wired up. No problem. However, it has a weird intermittent start problem. It may start/run fine for a couple of days or several starts. But then it will fail to start. When it happens, t will fire only once on the first crank, and almost start, but not....and then you can try cranking as many times as you want, there is not even the slightest sign of fire, like there is no longer any fuel or spark. Yet you let it sit and try it again the next day, and often then it will start, on first crank. It can happen when the engine is hot or when cold. When it has failed I checked each spark....all were good. I checked for fuel pressure in the rail, it was good. Both pumps are running. The only code that is being set is for a bad O2 sensor. It has a strong battery, and the starter is cranking strongly as ever when it is refusing to start. If we take it to a mechanic, don't you know...it will work just fine for him, the way it is only an intermittent failure. What could it be?

Reply to
geronimo