Is it possible to flush-out fuel systems (fuel pumps) on Volvos?

Hello,

I believe I received contaminated gasoline; which can damage the fuel- pump. As a (much) more inexpensive alternative than replacing the fuel pump, is it possible to have the fuel tank pumped-out, and to flush- out the fuel system i.e., fuel-pump?

Thank-you

Reply to
socraticquest

What do you think the fuel is contaminated with? Water or particules of some sort (dirt, rust, etc.)?

Water can be dealt with by adding denatured alcohol; it mixes with the water and it'll get burned out via the engine. Run the tank nearly dry before refilling it, and it wouldn't hurt to add alcohol to the next tankful as well.

Any particulate matter should be filtered out by the fuel filter, which is much less costly to replace than the pump.

You're welcome.

Gary

Reply to
Gary Heston