Is it possible to pull the radio code?

Im wondering if the car is running (the radio works fine right now), if there is a way to pull the radio activation codes on a 94 850 from the radio itself, because thats the one thing I didnt get with all the maintenance records, was a radio code, so if I have to disconnect my battery, Im going to be without a radio.

Thanks,

Reply to
GamePlayer No. 1058

If you have old receipts from the dealer, many times they will put the radio code on the work order, so that if the mechanic has to disconnect the battery he does not have to chase down the code.

Harold

Reply to
Grtdane

Thanks, but I only got the receipts that didnt have the old owners phone and address on them, and most of them were done at a non-dealer, so Im just wondering perhaps I can take my car to the dealer and have them run the vin to get the radio code from Volvo? (On older Hondas, you have to actually pull the radio to get the serial number to get the code, Im hoping it's not the same for Volvos)

Reply to
GamePlayer No. 1058

A dealer can get the code for you, no sweat.....even if they have to pull the radio, that takes about five seconds and requires no tools.....

PC

| > > Thanks, | > >

| > If you have old receipts from the dealer, many times they will put the | radio | > code on the work order, so that if the mechanic has to disconnect the | > battery he does not have to chase down the code. | >

| > Harold | >

| |

Reply to
Proconsul

I e-mailed my local dealer with my vehicle details and they e-mailed the code back within minutes. All they need is the VIN number.

Reply to
AEustc

... if it is the original radio.

Reply to
Stephen M. Henning

Reply to
steve sedlis

Really? Kind of defeats the point of a radio code... just go round nicking them, make a note of the VIN before you go, email Volvo and they'll oblige by emailing you the code? Sounds like a bad idea on Volvo's part!

Certainly if you take the car to a dealer they can do it - would make more sense if you had to show them the car or some documentation...

Mark

Reply to
Mark Seeley

you need to remove the radio & provide the serial # of the radio , The model of the radio I.e.: SC_816 Grey or Black Face, & The part # & Proof that you own the car unless you do perform repairs @ the dealer & they know you they will provide this information without much trouble

Reply to
G Klein

Went to the dealer and he just ran the vin, made sure no recalls were outstanding, gave me the code and the key code should I need ot make a key without the existing key.

Thanks for the replies.

Reply to
GamePlayer No. 1058