Is my clutch slipping ? '93' 940 manual

Advice and guidance please. I have a '93' 940 2.0T estate, 123K manual 4 speed with overdrive (5th). I have had this veh for last 6 yrs, no probs except general wear and tear of replaceable items etc. When I first got the veh I made a mental note of the various speeds and respective rev readings. Over the past couple of months I have noticed when climbing hills and performing a quick overtake the engine speed increases but the veh speed increases slightly. If I ease of the accelerator pedal the revs come down and the veh speed increases. During normal driving the speed and rev readings are virtually the same as 6 yrs ago. I am not heavy footed nor do I drive with my foot 'resting' on the clutch pedal. I use the hand brake when stationary eg traffic lights not the use of the clutch to keep the veh stationary. The movement and 'feel' of the clutch pedal appears normal. I cannot remember the details or the date but I recall another owner mentioning something about it not being the clutch but something to do with the injectors. I also have a leak from the rear seal approx 2pts syn' oil per 8k. Not being mechanically minded would it be best to have oil seal and clutch replaced together.

Reply to
Robert

bearing in mind that the rear oil seal and the clutch both live in the same bellhousing, I'd say it is a safe bet you now have to replace both.

Reply to
M-gineering

Robert,

If the engine speed increased but the speed didn't as you depressed the accelerator, guess it would be the clutch, don't you think? Hydraulic clutch leak? or worn out clutch and of course if you need a new clutch, it would be an excellent time to check all the seals etc. and replace as necessary

Reply to
Ed