J. Sweet: how much brake pedal travel on 740?

Got the front disc brake pads changed and all four cylinders were bled a LOT until no bubbles coming out, and then pumped out some more fluid from each. Still, the pedal moves about 1/2 to 3/4 down before the brakes take effect. And when moving downward (to reach that point) there is a WOOSH sound of air coming out of the booster. I think I remember back when I had the 740 sedan (before I got the wagon) that I changed the master cylinder & booster out for these same symptoms, but it did the same thing. I was just wondering how the brakes on your 740s have behaved? Yes it has ABS, but its not working I guess as the ABS light is always on.

Reply to
geronimo