LAMBDA

HELLO PEOPLE, AS YOU KNOW I GOT THE 97' S40! LAST FEW DAYS I HAVE NOTICED AFTR TURNING IT ON AND DRIVING, AFTER A MIN. THE LAMBDA LAMP GOES ON!!!

WHAT DOES IT MEAN??? SOMTHING SERIOUS???

Reply to
noLOGIC

oh, amd btw, yesterday i was going for fuel and stopped on a zebra to let a realy hot chick pass the road and BANG a women driver crushed my poor volvo from behind, bad luck, for her ofcourse cuz my car has minor damage and her opel corsa lost the front bumper hihihihi!!!

Reply to
noLOGIC

Hi,

had the same problem once. Disconnect the battery for 30 minutes, reconnect and the problem was solved.

Greetings,

Chris

Reply to
Blackbird-EBOS

I suspect, and this is just a guess, that it is tryingto tell you the lambda probe is faulty.

I deduced this from the label on the lambda light.

Reply to
Richard Polhill

what does this lambda sond/sensor do???

Reply to
noLOGIC

will a change of the catalysator solve it??? cuz my cat is making a strange noise during driving

Reply to
noLOGIC

It is the exhaust gas sensor that sits between the exhaust ports and the catalytic converter and feeds combustion data back to the engine management unit so that adjustments can be made to the combustion efficiency to minimize emissions and ensure the optimal running of the catalytic converter.

Apart from my slightly facetious response the light being on may indicate a fault either with the lambda sensor or with something else in the engine management system, such as the mass airflow sensor. If that misreads, then you can get misfuelling that causes the lambda probe to pick up odd readings also.

Neither is usually extortionately expensive.

Reply to
Richard Polhill

BRICK 1 - CORSA 0 :)

hihihihihi? Amateur radio?

Reply to
Richard Polhill

What sort of noise?

It *is* possible, I suppose, if the cat is restricting the exhaust flow.

Reply to
Richard Polhill

my cat is a bit aged and damaget a bit, could it be the couse

Reply to
noLOGIC

Possibly. If the cat is knackered anyway then get it replaced. It is probably more expensive than the lambda probe and the MAF sensor combined, but you've identified it as necessary anyway.

If the problem doesn't go away with a new cat then investigate the sensors.

Reply to
Richard Polhill

the good part about this is that the woman who hit me a few days ago will pay for the damage, i have only to repaint the rear bumper, but Ill say thet she damaged my exhaust too sao she will pay for the cat and both sensors, hahahaha luckly

Reply to
noLOGIC

OK, it's done!!! now my car works just fine as if it was new btw that's my first serious repair in 9 years 185k

Reply to
noLOGIC

Goodo

Reply to