Lamp fault light "on"

Hi all;

I have the bulb failure indicator "on" on the dash.

The 960 (1992) was hit in the rear off side (uk) by a drunk driver the other day while parked out in the street.

All lights are good but the orange lamp fault say there is a problem!

The car is going to be an Insurance rightoff as the rear outside panel has buckled and pushed up into the roof by a couple of millimetres. I straghtened the exhaust outlet with a crow bar and the car is OK. Rear light cluster took it ok but for some cracks,

But are there any suggestions as to how to get the oringe light out?

I guess the car did take quiet a bit of forward acceleration for a very short period as the other car (Vauxhall Astra) took most of the deceleration in crumpling up to and including the nearside front wheel..

Is there an acceloromoter or something in the (1992) 960 ?

Regards Ian

Reply to
ipellew

This may be caused by an imbalance in the two rear lamps or an imbalance in the two front sidelights. It may also be caused by the high level brake light not working. You did not say if this was specifically working. The brake lights may also be imbalanced. The lamp fault relay itself may be at fault. There are two IIRC on your car one (reddish cylindrical shape leftmost relay third relay row behind fuses) and one around the lefthand rear wheel well possibly behind the side trim panel.

Reply to
Peter K L Milnes

The lamp fault light is fairly sensitive. I had it going on when I first bought or 960 even though all the lamps were working. Ended up being that the PO replaced the center brake lamp with a non-european bulb (brass base instead of chrome base) of the incorrect value.

If all the lights are working, don't worry about it and just tell the insurance that it was caused by the accident.

snipped-for-privacy@pipemedia.co.uk wrote:

__ __ Randy & \ \/ /alerie's \__/olvos '90 245 Estate - '93 965 Estate "Shelby" & "Kate"

Reply to
Randy G.

Yes, it is *sensitive*. On my 940, the fault light sometimes comes on when it rains hard, even though all the lights all still work, and when the rain stops, the fault light goes out.

Bob

Reply to
Aleric

The failure relay is located behind the fender-wing-quarter panel that was hit, so that last statement isn't too much of a stretch. And there is no accelerometer anywhere on the 960.

Reply to
Mike F

There is, but it is for the SRS (airbags and seatbelt retractors).

All the best, Peter.

700/900/90 Register Keeper, Volvo Owners Club (UK).

Reply to
Peter K L Milnes

What does IIRC Mena?

Regards Ian

Reply to
ipellew

If I Recall (or Remember) Correctly. Standard e-mail shorthand.