Lazy Alernator or RESISTANCE IN CABLES

Thinking my Alternator was lazy I tried every thing to keep my battery charged.What did work was running another cable along side the earth cable from the Alternator to the body and a cable also from the positive battery terminal to the Alternator .Now my charge indicator is around the vertical position instead of discharge .Maybe the cables have gained resistance over the years .740 TURBO 1990 UPDATE 198 000 klms many country klms so its hardly run in .

Reply to
Jon Robertson

I doubt whether the cables themselves are high resistance - more likely the connections at the ends - particularly the earth connection to the body.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Reply to
Jon Robertson