License Plate Light Cover Removal

How the heck do you get the license plate light covers off? Mine just failed inspection partly because of that. I have a new bulb ready to go, just can't get the cover off. I wasn't going to pay the dealer $50 to do it, that's for sure. I have a 740 Turbo sedan.

Reply to
Katrina

If they are the small black ones (about 25mm x 50mm) like are used on so many Volvos, if you look up at them there is one of the short sides that has a sort of slot. Take a thin bladed screwdriver and cover the tip with masking tape to protect the finish of the car. Press into that cut-out in the light's edge, fairly parallel with the light and mounting surface, and then pry it out. Pressuing in releases the latch/catch that holds the light in. When I have them out I usually give them a scrubbing inside with some Windex and a toothbrush to clean them.

The procedure should also be in the owner's manual.

__ __ Randy & \ \/ /alerie's \__/olvos '90 245 Estate - '93 965 Estate "Shelby" & "Kate"

Reply to
Randy G.