Light Relays

I have just changed a relay in my 86 740 Turbo volvo. the headlights now stay on all the time even when the key is turned off. (silly thing is when you turn them on at the switch, they go off).

Is this a case of using the wrong relay or could something else by wrong, any advice on the lighting relays would be appreciated

Thanks

Reply to
copex

Relays are built to be normally on or normally off. All the Volvo relays have a schematic of the operation of the relay stamped or printed on the case. You have replaced a normally open relay with one that is normally closed. Check the schematic with the old relay with that on the new relay and you will see the difference.

Bob

Reply to
User

Reply to