Location of Fuel Pump Relay on 1990 740 SOHC

Where is the fuel pump relay switch located on my 1990 Volvo 740 GL sedan, 8 valve? I'm having an intermittent problem starting my car. Right now, when I turn the key to "on" position, I do not hear the fuel pump activate.

I appreciate your help. Thanks, Rene

Reply to
Rene

I've found it. It's in the center console, behind the fuses. I'm told that the fuel pump relay is on the second row, on the left (a white one).

Now how do I get it out? To access the relay, do I take out the radio, side panels? How do I get to it? Thanks, Rene

Reply to
Rene

Remove the ashtray, if you can see it, you can remove it. Give the console a whack with your hand by your right knee and see if the car starts.

Reply to
Jack in Dallas

After removing the ashtray for fuse access, remove the lighter, and pull off the little square bezel around the lighter hole. Then you can see 2 screws, one on an angle, on straight on. Then the little box will come out, it's only hooked on the other side. Then access is easy.

Reply to
Mike F