long crank time

Me again, and "THANKS" for all the information you all have given me in the past few months. It's been invalvable to me.

90' 740 wagon with 165,000 miles is slow to start when starting cold. Cranks about 10 to 12 seconds then starts and runs just great. I replaced the fuel relay a couple of months ago and that fixed that problem but it's been doing this pretty much since then. Thanks again, Bruce.
Reply to
Bruce Burrus

Just won an absolute war with my 87 240 sedan - same thing. Would crank and crank, then shut key off, then try again - start on first revolution...ALWAYS! Until I replaced the fuel filter (no help) then the main fuel pump - Bingo! I applied 12 volts DC DIRECTLY to the pump (not connected to the system at all) and I could feel it kind of jump/bump, trying to start spinning, then it took off. Once it was spinning, it sounded fine. Sort of a "hitch in the get-along" All is fine now--Good Luck! Tyler

Reply to
Tyler