Long drive to bring home "new" '92 240. What to bring.

Hello all,

My father in law is giving me his 92 240 that is apparently in mint condition.

I'll be driving it from New Jersey to Houston starting on a Friday morning and home by Sunday (I hope!) Can anyone suggest what to bring in the way of spare parts?

Thanks.

Reply to
WPD

Hello all,

My father in law is giving me his 92 240 that is apparently in mint condition.

I'll be driving it from New Jersey to Houston starting on a Friday morning and home by Sunday (I hope!) Can anyone suggest what to bring in the way of spare parts?

Thanks.

Reply to
WPD

Sorry for the multiple posts...

Reply to
WPD

I have one of these in Australia. Never had any serious problems. I would suggest that you take a spare fan belt with you and plenty of water. If it has been serviced properly it should be a good deal at the right price.

Reply to
Sam Kekavitch

Bring a few CDs or tapes..... don't curse your car by bringing spare parts with it, she's a Volvo... it won't break ;-).

..... or is there indication that it may need some work?

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Bring a tire pressure gauge of known accuracy and a calculator to easily figure MPG. Make sure the spare is serviceable and the jack is intact.

Eat well and drink plenty of water. Go easy on sugar and caffeine.

Enjoy.

Reply to
Mobius Strip