loose gear lever on 740

Hi all,just recently purchased a Volvo 740 Estate,just recently noticed that the gear shift lever appears to lift up and down and seems to be very loose,when in the down position I have difficulty changing gear,but when I gently lift up gear stick,I have no problem selecting gears,does anyone know if there is a simple solution to remedy this,would appreciate any advise offered,cheers

Allan

Reply to
Allan

"Allan" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Look under the car when someone shakes the lever. Then you will find out what the problem is, and maybe also a solution.

/Erik Lidén

Reply to
Erik Lidén

There's some plastic bushings that support the ball joint on the shift lever, they're held in with a C-clip, sometimes that clip pops out, other times the bushings break and fall out, either way it's not too hard to fix.

Reply to
James Sweet