Lowering headlights

Hello,

Some of my friends have noted that the headlights on my 240 are a little too high (and may dazzle incoming cas or irritate the car in front of me). How do you lower the headlights?

Thanks!

Robert

Reply to
Robert H. Grant

Deflate the front tires 5-10PSI (as required:)

Reply to
Keith Wickline

Keith Wickline declared:

ROFL

Reply to
Bigjon

Get some new friends!

or check how much extra weight you have in the trunk/boot. You probably need to put new rear springs in as they are more than likely sagging.

Harold

Reply to
grtdane

Isn't there headlight height adjustments? My friends Toyota had a drivers side light way out of whack, and all they had to do was adjust the screws back to factory spec.

Reply to
Rob Guenther

At the back of each headlight there should be two knows/screws one at the top one to the side. Adjusting the one at the top will tilt the headlamp up or down

Adjusting the one at the side will move the headlamp beam from side to side.

Having said all that they don't usually alter unless disturbed, depending on the age of the car the rear springs may be the problem.

Hope this helps

Steve

Reply to
Steve Rodgers

Well I like my beams to be slightly downwards; thanks for the advice.

Reply to
Robert H. Grant

If you are going to change them go here and read first

Harold

Reply to
grtdane