Megasquirt & Spark Extra ignition map

I know some of you out there have done this conversion. I'm gearing up to convert my 240 Turbo to Megasquirt, hopefully no more messing with the finicky and aging mechanical system. I've got a Bosch distributor from an LH-Jet car, ignition power stage, wiring, and pretty much everything else I need and I'm thinking of going about this a little backwards and get the spark working since that's all simple reversible changes, then convert over the fueling so I'm doing one thing at a time. Does anyone have a spark map available for a similar configuration? It's the original B21FT. I know I'll have to tweak it a bit but a working map from a similar engine should get me up and running.

Reply to
James Sweet

James,

I'd send you my MSQ file but my B230T has been quite modified. May not be a best starting point. If you are still curious just let me know. I am very happy with MS&S. If you can tolerate the exuberance of youth there is a helpful bunch of MS gurus over on

The forum to visit would be

Regards,

Boris Mohar

void _-void-_ in the obvious place

Reply to
Boris Mohar

What sort of modifications have you done? I'd eventually like to drop in a B230FT but for now I figure I can set it up on the 21FT and start playing around. I may post on turbobricks and see if I can find a good starting point and then go from there. The tweakability is great, but it's a bit overwhelming starting out from scratch. All I need are a few gaskets, new injector seals, and I need to hardwire the IAC valve driver I've got breadboarded and then I can build a harness and put everything together.

Reply to
James Sweet

Larger turbo, larger injectors, stainless steel manifold, 3" downpipe and exhaust, Isuzu NPR intercooler, cold air intake, ported head, internally polished intake manifold. Somewhere along the line the power increased to the pint the I broke two M46 transmissions so now it has a Mustang T5 transmission. Some pictures at

MS can be overwhelming at onset. I am electronics guy and the only asset that got me was that I could solder. The complex interplay of all of non linear variables can be quite a challenge.

There is also forum support