My ECC has gone insane - 97 850 GLT

So I'm driving along and feeling hot. I put my hand in front of the outlet and it's blowing warm air. Oh No, not another evap! But wait! I put my hand in front of passenger vent and it's blowing cold. Both controls set to 72F. If I put my damper control on Auto, it'll start blowing out through the defroster.

On power up, recirc/AC lights flash for twenty seconds. Setting damper control to "auto" send air to defroster (some/variable) Setting damper to "dash vents" (11:00) redirects air to dash vents. Setting temperature controls to blue dot (6:00) blows ice cubes. Setting fan speed control to "auto" blows max speed all the time. Setting the fan speed manually produces any desired speed. Setting temp to full hot (12:00) sends warm air on driver side. Setting temp to full hot (12:00) sends has no effect on passenger side.

I don't know what to look at. The article here about the V70 and retrieving DTCs doesn't work for me. All I get is LEDs flashing for 20 seconds.

Does my ECC need replacing?

Any help much appreciated,

bullshark

Reply to
bullshark

Probably not. The flashing lights indicate that the control unit has found a fault. Unfortunately, you need a Volvo specific reader to retrieve codes, but that's where you need to start. A good Volvo independent garage should have such a reader.

Reply to
Mike F

Hey Mike,

Head > bullshark wrote:

Reply to
michael.hackler

I have more or less the same thing happening with my 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Taken same to the dealer 12 times without any improvement. I was told it was the AZC - an ECC to you. A friend of mine had the same problem and had the compressor removed and replaced and that took care of the problem. My problem on manual or automatic temperature control persists to this day and I am thinking on starting a class action against the dealer and Chrysler Motors. Is yours still under warranty??. If it is I would leave it at the dealer and not take it back until the problem is solved, otherwise the dealer(s) will have you going in circles until the warranty runs out (as in my case) and not solve your problem.

Good luck - you will need it.

Markus.

Reply to
Markus