Need OD solenoid for 92 740

It's bad, plugged up or something. Transmission place says it needs to be replaced. They are not charging too much for the labor, but they say the part is $350.00 I checked FCP Groton auto parts and they have one for $100. I can easily replace it my self. That is still not cheap for something that is just a solenoid valve! Especially since there is no gaurantee that this will fix the problem with the car not going into overdrive. Any ideas? The local junkyards don't have one.

Reply to
geronimo

I think I have one laying around still, I'll have to drop by my mom's place and see if it's still there. Ping me with your address and you can have it for the cost of postage.

Reply to
James Sweet
Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

There's 10 Volvos in the family, I've been working on 240s and 740s for over a decade, and I hate to throw away good stuff. Lots of various parts have accumulated.

Reply to
James Sweet
Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

242 Turbo, I'm a fan of the 245Ts as well, but never owned one of those.

Comfy, practical, safe, easy to work on, handles great, and it's a lot quicker than people expect.

Reply to
James Sweet
Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^