New selenoid valve = better performance ???

Hi Al,

I have an 05 volvo s-80 T6. During my last visit to the service dealer, they replaced a "Turbo boost pressure sensor". This was after a ECM code 601 - Control system boost pressure fault, signal too high....reading. Is it just my mind or it seems that the car now takes off like a jet, seems quicker accelleration, especially from a stop. What was this part....? Any comments appreciated

John

Reply to
John W

If the ECU thought the boost was too high and was keeping it lower, then yes, replacing that part could give you substantially more power. You can get a dramatic increase in horsepower and torque by turning up the boost pressure, of course this is at the expense of engine life and things can get very bad very fast if you go too far.

Reply to
James Sweet