New tires for 2004 XC-70

I purchased our 2004 XC-70 in the summer of 2003. It came with Pirelli Scorpion STR tires sized 215/65-16. They have ~35,000 miles on them. Two brands/tires were recommended: Michelin MXM4 and Nokian WR's.

Can anyone provide any insight into these particular tires or others they feel strongly about?

AF

Reply to
Hans C

Hans C schrieb:

Without any hesitation I would go for the Michelin. Michelin tyres are a premium brand and Nokians are low end low cost tyres. The reputation of Nokian in Europe (it is a Finish brand) is very low in the tyre sector.

Joerg

Reply to
Joerg Lorenz

Thank you

Reply to
Hans C

I forgot to ask. Are there other Michelins that you think are better than the MXM4? They have a tire called the Pilot Alpin PA2. Any experience with these?

Hans C

nothin' but Michelin's for me ...

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

Any specific moels?

Reply to
Hans C

Hans...I amways go to the local Discount tyre store and have them put on the best Michelin's they have avail...I think they put on a "x" series on my 00 s80t6...

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@p10g2000cwp.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

Just pick a set with nice patterns so that the oil leakage from your engine will leave nice and acceptable patterns on your driveway and garage floor as you pass through it coming and going.

Dale

Reply to
Dale_Peterson

Hans C schrieb:

It depends where you live. The range and the names vary from market to market. Got to the Michelin web-site in your country.

Joerg

Reply to
Joerg Lorenz

Jordan 1999 S70 Loaded!

Reply to
Jabber

Sounds like you had a bad experience with your car. Our wagon has performed quite well and has been pretty maintenance free.

Reply to
ASF

I feel strongly about using Scorpions again. They are a great tire and last much longer than most Pirelli's and very long for an all season tire. I always used Michelin's before, but they never had the wet traction of Pirelli's and Pirelli's never had the wear of Michelin's. Now Pirelli has a tire with excellent traction and reasonable wear.

Reply to
Stephen Henning

I found Michelin Exalto tyres to be exceptionally good on my S40. Considerable improvement in steering and all weather grip over the original Pirellis.

I replaced them with the newer version Exalto II which seem similarly good and quieter running.

Regards,

Ide.

Reply to
IDe

Take a look at the Yokohama Geolander HT.

Reply to
Roadie

What does this have to do with a 2004 XC-70? Everything is different except the valve stems.

Reply to
Stephen Henning

Ah - you're right. I must have been thinking V70.

Take my comment as an endorsement of Michelin?

:-)

Ide.

Reply to
IDe

IMO Michelin tires are overpriced. I haven't used Nokians, so no opinion there.

If you want to read lots of reviews from people who have your car and have tried various tires then go to

This link should take you right to owner reviews for your model:

04&autoModClar=&commentStatus=P

Reply to
John Horner