No spark sparking - Help please

Hi, I recently had checked to see if i had spark on my 89 740 GLE volvo and there wasn't a bit of spark. I grounded them out good, tried numerous plugs but no good. Checked distributor cap for oil or water (Brand New dist. cap) but none. Checked coil for ohms and wasn't totally sure how to do it but got somewhat what the book told me the ohms shoudl be around. Is there any way to check to see if the ignition amplifier is working right? I checked all the fuses under the radio but didn't check the relays. Does anyone know what relay or fuse the ignition is on? I would really preciate the help. Thanks much.

Reply to
jdboy

Since your Volvo is a 1989 model year does it have a check engine light if so post what codes you get from A2 & A6 also the black relay under the hood that sits on the coolant overflow tank provides power for the injectors & the coil if your car has a electric cooling fan there should be 2 of the relays just swap & see what happens Post back Glenn

Reply to
G Klein