Noisy front suspension over rough surfaces

Hi all,

My 1989 740 makes fairly loud "donk" noises over rough/broken road surfaces. It's nothing too bad and certainly doesn't affect the steering; it's just noise, so I'm guessing it's due to worn bushes somewhere - is there anything suspension-bush-wise which commonly needs replacing on these or is it just something that they do anyway?

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

It shouldn't make clunking noises. Typical places to look (in no specific order) are:

1) Bushings- Control arm rear bushing Anti-sway bar end links and frame mount bushings 2) Ball Joints 3) Strut Cartridge 4) all other suspension parts and hardware 5) loose battery 6) broken motor mount 7) etc. __ __ Randy & \ \/ /alerie's \__/olvos '90 245 Estate - '93 965 Estate "Shelby" & "Kate"
Reply to
Randy G.

Well that's a start - I'll have a look underneath when the weather's good. Probably next May ;)

Thanks,

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot