Non shifting in a cold 850 automatic?

This model had AT problems. Mine died by not shifting out if 1st and then loosing all power. The first generation ATs in the '93 850s would usually go between 80,000 miles and 120,000 miles. Mine made it to

120,000 miles. The fix was a rebuilt transmission. Other people had different experiences. I would recommend having the dealer check for any codes. You may be lucky and just have a small problem, but I wouldn't plan on it going away.
Reply to
Stephen Henning

"v8_und_sw" wrote: Well, I´ve solved a lot of problems with the group help.

Hi, be carefull to not drive the car while in winter-mode!! I would try to replace your AT oil with dextron III or whatever is recommended by Volvo, maybe it will help? You might have too little oil, as then the hydraulic pressure wont be high enough, untill the oil expands due to heat?

Just my thoughts, I'm not a mechanic!

Reply to
Olav Alexander Mjelde