O2 sensor for 1990 740 GLE 16 valve?

I own a 1990 volvo 740 gle 16 valve. I just purchased the car not to long ago. The car has over 155,000 miles. I'm thinking about replacing the 02 sensor. I'm wondering if someone could give me a discription regarding how to replace it. In addition, do I really need to pay $100-200 dollars for one? I have seen some universal types with 3 wires, would this type work. In addition, would these types work on my car: Oxygen Sensor - Bosch # 13275 = $45.49 Oxygen Sensor - Bosch # 13913 = $37.49 Any help you guys could provide me with would be great. If you read my last post "Mechanic ruined my car" The car is still in the shop! Lol I want it back, so I can continue to fix it up. I took it in to have preventative stuff done and they fried my car.

Reply to
austjeremy

FWIW, I am hearing a lot of complaints in other car groups about Bosch O2 sensors; poor operation and short life. Other brands seem to be okay.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee