OBDII protocol question

I am looking into picking up an inexpensive OBDII unit and I've gotten information overload to a point that I am looking at too much conflicting info...

I have a 2000 C70 Convertible, OBD II port.

what is the protocol I need to be sure the unit can decipher? I like a cheap U380, 30 bucks, here is the info: a.. SAE J1850 PWM b.. SAE J1850 VPW c.. ISO 9141-2 d.. ISO 14230 (KWP2000) I 'thought' this car was ISO 9141 compliant... ??

Help!

Reply to
Uncle Vinnie

it sounds like this refers to another thread. the unit sounds right.if it is not return it. if purchased locally, that should take

Reply to
Richard W Langbauer

Thanks Richard... I didn't want to muddy the waters by going tooo off topic... I was looking at a U380 unit, down below... some also mention Actron's on ebay for $40.. I await their reply back.. but this vendor advised, as you, that it should work...

Richard W Langbauer wrote:

Reply to
Uncle Vinnie