OD on '89 740 AT Turbo

Just popped in a new relay and took it for a spin around the block. "UP" arrow light on dash is still on. Checked trans fluid level, looked good. I had been having vacuum hose leak issues with this vehicle. Hubby replaced all the ones he could easily reach. Is the vac hose issue related to OD?

Reply to
Katrina

Not at all. There is a switch a relay and a solenoid and that is basically it. The switch operates the relay which selects the solenoid and the light. As you have an auto gearbox there must be a fault in the light wiring (probably at rear of instrument panel) if the box works as it should. I assume that the instrument panel has not been changed over at any time as a mismatch can occur between car wiring and panel.

All the best, Peter.

Reply to
Peter K L Milnes

If the arrow is on then the problem is electrical. I assume you did push the OD button in attempt to turn the arrow off? It's possible the button or more likely the wiring to it is broken.

Reply to
James Sweet

We pulled the #12 fuse and saw that it was broken, so I'll be replacing that with a new 15amp. We've got a spare 25amp in there right now, and that made the "UP" arrow light on the dash go off, at least. I still don't have OD, though and my engine revs between 1-2K rpm at idle from a vac hose leak somewhere.

Reply to
Katrina