odometer is reading kilometers instead of miles

does anyone know what can be done for this. do i need new odo gear, or does the dealer have to reset something in the compuer. do you think disconnecting the battery cable and then connecting it would make the odo read miles.

Reply to
Bill

Bill,

you could move to canada or mexico. (or not)

chuck

73ES

Reply to
spam this

yeah i could...but i like the states. Any suggestions on what to do?

Reply to
Bill

Year: Model: Please then I may be able to help you Glenn

Reply to
G Klein

In what car? Nobody can help you unless you specify.

Reply to
James Sweet

I think you will need to go to your dealer fro him to obtain a software update from the Swedish mainframe.

Cheers, Peter.

Reply to
Peter Milnes

Reply to
Patrick
1995 850 GLT.

Reply to
Bill

Follow the rest of the world...GO METRIC!!!

regards

Metric Mike

"Bill" skrev i meddelandet news:jd6dne0AmObeJY snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Reply to
Metric Mike

Reply to
Bill

You have to return to the dealer they have to change a setting it sounds like there was some repair work done on the combined instrument & the incorrect information was entered

Reply to
G Klein

For christ sake,just read the dam owners manual!!!!!!!! People are too dam lazy to read anymore.

Reply to
L.D.Cosby

Reading between the lines that you wrote, it seems that you have the owners manual which decribes the solution to the question in this thread, though you will not pass the information, because you think people are to lazy to read! There could be a number of reasons why an owner of a used car does not have acess to an owners manual and therefore asking in a newsgroup would be the obvious thing to do.

"L.D.Cosby" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

Reply to
Per Hauge

Thank you for your contribution to the thread. Would you perhaps come down to us mortals and lighten up the way to the mysterious manual that shows the driver how to switch the digital odometer between miles and kms?

I am not half as damned lazy as you are damned arrogant, and I HAVE read the owners manual several times over, but never saw anything like what you are referring to (assuming you are referring to anything and not just accidentally pressing keys on your keyboard).

And even if such a manual exists, it is considered bad practice (as in asshole) to blame new owners of used cars for not having a manual.

It is considered good practice, however, to answer questions of people in need. I do not have the answer, so I would not have written in this thread. But then I saw your post and could not help writing: YOU SUCK.

puff

Reply to
puffdawg

maybe you should read the owners manual and then you will see that it doesn't tell you how to change from kilo to miles.

very well said puff.

i guess LD Cosby always fixes his problems by reading the owners manual...

Reply to
Bill

On 27/1/04 7:09 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, "puffdawg" decided to come out from under the bed and slurred:

Fight, fight, fight!!!

Hammo

Reply to
Hamish Alker-Jones

See, he doesn't. Wonder what he had in mind at the time of his post. Anyway, we all have bad days sometimes, don't we.

Reply to
puffdawg

On 2/2/04 10:06 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, "puffdawg" decided to come out from under the bed and slurred:

You don¹t remember in the school yard when two kids were sizing up, that everyone would start chanting "Fight, fight, fight" and the two gave into peer pressure and put on a good show?

Yes, we all have bad days, perhaps it was being able to "withhold" info that was making him feel better?

Cheers

Hammo

Reply to
Hamish Alker-Jones