oid and water mixing on dipstick 96 850 non turbo

Hi all. Checking my wife's oil a little over a month ago and I noticed a milky mixture on the dipstick. The milky mix stays above the oil level and does not appear to contaminate the oil. The oil stays clean, since I have checked it weekly and did a change last week. The PVC was cleaned out as well and it also contained the milky oil/water mix, but still the oil stays clean. Obviously there is a buildup of water vapor in the crankcase and the only area it can condense is in the cooler dipstick tube and the pvc hose going to the flame trap. While looking around here I saw another person with the same problem but there were no solutions given except clean the PVC(flametrap) which I did. Does anyone know where the water vapor comes from? Can it be reduced or eliminated? Where should I start on this one? We are in NJ but I have never noticed this problem in winters past. Thanks in advance!

Reply to
Kelly

Normal combustion produces water vapor (right at a gallon of water for every gallon of gas burned) and some of it collects in the oil. My guess is that it has been used only for short trips and the water hasn't had a chance to "boil off" (not really boiling, but you get the idea).

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

"Michael Pardee" said ot "Kelly"

Im assuming that your coolant in the expansion tank looks normal?

Reply to
Donegal Paul