Oil Light Reset

Just changed my oil on 2004 XC90 and need to reset oil light. I have the Autoenginuity and Autoxray stuff but, these don't reset the oil light.

Any suggestions on a tool for resetting the oil light? I have seem some, a little pricey, though willing to pay.

Thanks.

Reply to
Roger Hamilton

I changed the oil in my 1994 940 wagon a few weeks ago and even after having the shop fix a leaking overdrive solenoid they did not turn off the oil light. Is it that complicated to turn it off? I could just remove the bulb couldn't I? Derek in Florida

Reply to
Derek Lawler

Derek Just pull the small rubber plug in the instrument cluster and push into the hole gently with something (a thin screw driver or even a small dowel). Nothing to it!

Reply to
don b.

Thanks for telling me that. I am going out to the car right now to act on your advice. Cheers. Derek

Reply to
Derek Lawler

Sloppy workmanship on the shop technician. Recently had a car come back from shop service to replace a faulted part and the technician did something with the latching mechanism on the gas fill door, left a wire off to it. Door would not engage to remain shut, reattached wire.

Reply to
Roger Hamilton