oil problems

i have a 93 volvo 850 glt and a oil leakage problem i believe that is coming from the crankshaft or dipstick.. any one have any options i should take in gettin this down quickly... i have tried oil leakage fluid and nothing is working...

Reply to
everlasting

The only thing you can do is figure out which seal is leaking and replace it. Those stop-leak products never work.

Reply to
James Sweet

Clean the crankcase ventilation system and see how it does. Neither the dipstick nor the crankshaft seals should have oil behind them when the car is sitting, and when the engine is running the PCV system should be maintaining a slight vacuum in the crankcase.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

My '96 850 Turbo developed a leak in the rear main seal (crank) after about 60,000 miles.

A mechanic said it is a common problem.

To isolate yours, clean off the engine really well, then check it after a day or two to see where it leaks.

Reply to
zencraps

hey james, mike, and zencraps.. i appreciate each one of y'all responces and will look into that as soon as possible and use each of yalls advice

Reply to
everlasting

back to the original question at hand.. " i have a oil leakage coming from the crankhead and dipstick, how can i solve this problem without spending alot of money?" had a slow leak but wasnt bad until the mechanic fixed my front right axle and since then the oil has been leaking badly.. do anyone think the problem got worse because of the mechanic fixing my axle and not putting it in correctly or does this cause for a major engine repair.. but the car still runs like normal except for the smoke coming from the oil leaking onto the motor

Reply to
everlasting

thanks for the assist james

Reply to
everlasting

thanks zencraps.. will see about doin... have to get some tools for this i see.. but this really wasnt a problem "minor oil leak".. until i went to have my front right axle replaced and since then the problem got worse

Reply to
everlasting