Online Volvo parts source???

Hi all,

I need two bypass hoses for my B280F (hoses between each head and the water pump/thermostat).

None of the local vendors have these, (nor can they get them). I'm in Canada, and I'm hoping I can find an online retailer for these hoses (VLV world doesn't have them, and AutopartsonlineCanada ran out of them :(..

Dealer wants $35 each, where online they go for $8 CAD!!!

M.R.S.

Try IPD on

they are based in Portland Oregon.All the best, Peter.

700/900/90 Register Keeper, Volvo Owners Club (UK).
Reply to
Peter K L Milnes

IPD is good, so is fcpgroton.com.

Reply to
zencraps

I haven't ordered from these guys yet, but I think they are in Ohio and their prices look really good.

Reply to
Jamie

Others will have their suggestions, I had good results from Rock auto...but the folks there know NOTHING about cars.

IGP might be worth a few extra bucks to have Volvo experts on your side...

Not that it much maters with those hoses....

Reply to
Steve

I'm likewise a Canadian and own a Volvo with those dreaded PRV-6 motors. Mine is a B28F, but is essentially the same block (but more problematic!). I recall finding a V6 water pump at NAPA, so maybe they can supply a generic pair of water hoses. Another option is to take one into CTC and match it to their stock - surprising what you'll find at CTC!

If all else fails, try some of the links on my homepage, although they're typically for older Volvos, not the 760/780.

My web site is

Best of luck.... Cam

Reply to
RiverLink

I must be going senile, I forgot the link for my post above.

Jamie

Hi Cam,

I've actually had great luck with the B280F!!! The thing keeps running so strong, at 300K kms now. I've never done a valve job, although they are quiet, I've finally realized that not doing it is a bad thing!!! (the quiet ones are the ones to worry about!!)

Yeah, B28F and cam wear, well... what can you do.. they got it right later. You could always do a transplant easily enough.

Went to Napa, no hoses, not even Canadian Tire (and Parts Source)..

did have some listed on their site, but it's out of stock for the moment :(.. cheapest price I found!!

Thanks for the info.

Reply to
M.R.S.

Thanks to all the people who replied...

I actually checked out ebay, and sure enough... I typed Volvo hose:

FCP Groton is blowing out 760 V6 water pumps, WITH hoses, for a mere $55...

So I bought one :) (I really don't need the pump, but since I'll have it out, I can replace it... it's quite old, and may actually be the source of my leak!!!!)

Cheers

Reply to
M.R.S.

I really like FCP, tell Nick hello. Glad to hear you got what you needed.

Reply to
Jamie