Or... How to disassemble the HU-608 radio for my S60

Just the same question, like my other one posted at 10:11

how can I disassemble "and no die for the try" the radio to install a hands free PARROT Ck3100.

Thanks a lot again!!!!

Gooooooood weekend!!!

Reply to
John Coffey

Not my photo, got it from somewhere else, I forget where:

I'll leave it up for a week or two.

  1. Disconnect the battery. I have read that the car may lose its connection to the radio/climate control unit and light the dashboard warning lamp and require a connection to VADIS to reset if this is not done. It's good practice anyway.

  1. Remove the penholder. Slip a couple of old credit cards behind the penholder and apply pressure towards the rear of the car. It will be stiff and may break the plastic lugs if you pull too hard in the wrong direction.

  2. Remove the two Torx fasteners holding the climate control unit. It is hooked at the top with two or three plastic lugs, swing it out from the bottom, it will also be stiff and the lugs may break.

I've not been beyond this point so I can't help any further, my problem was the cigarette lighter socket, not the radio.

  1. Refitting is the reverse of removal :)

One tip, all those sharp and heavy plastic bits dangling around

**WILL** cause damage to the soft synthetic leather around the console, it would be a good idea to cover the bit surrounding the centre console with masking tape.
Reply to
bweebar

Thank You bweebar!!!

I put it on practice as soon as the "Hands Free" comes...

Reply to
John Coffey