other carb problem on volvo 340 1.7

That was going on me six mounths ago, arghhhhh!!! , I bought other carb!!!!. I think that couldn't be an oil distributor problem, because the same problen was going on me and it was not.

Carb base is ok. Goog vacumm No idle problems If it get increase the revs up 3000 rpm , no problem . 1000-2000 rpm inestable: po pop pop po with jerks and stop with a spit light smell petrol

I'm going mad!!!!, it's second time !!!

Please help me!!, I have two carb (Solex) with same strager problem

Reply to
C.M.F.

I had a similar problem in a 340 1.7, mainly noticable as stalling at junctions or when power is applied. The oil seal is not good on the distributor, I found the seal had worn a lip in the cam shaft, and that installing the seal in a different place helped. Mine was all the way into the head recess, the manual said flush with the head, so installing it flush moved it away from the worn lip area.

All these head mounted disti's have the same problem, my 940 Turbo does it too, but to a much lesser degree, it has a substantial disti base place with a metal bearing/seal. It just hesitates a bit. Owed to have a distributorless ignition!

Reply to
Tony Stanley