P0172 Vacuum Hose for 1996 850R

I have a 1996 850R with P0172 error. I checked Google usenet archive and found that this is usually the vacuum hose behind the power steering pump. I looked and it is indeed the vacuum hose behind the power steering pump.

The problem is I took the vehicle to the Volvo dealer, showed the parts guy the broken vacuum hose, and he doesn't know what part it is. He thinks I should have the service department fix it. Does anyone who had this problem know what part number this hose is? Why can't the Volvo dealer parts guy (!) tell what part it is after seeing it in my car?

Thanks.

-JW

Reply to
JW

Before the parts person can find the part number for that hose, he has to know what it does. If he doesn't know what it does, he should ask someone to help him. You can help him out by telling him that it is shown on the page with the crankcase ventilation system. If the elbow is the same as the one on my 98 V70 T5, then the part number is 9155862.

Reply to
Mike F

Reply to
caaron