P1550 error code and help needed with car

I have a 2000 V70R that had the ABS/Check Engine/etc. lights go on a few months ago. (i have had the car since purchased new).

We had the ABS unit rebuilt and put it back in, but the warrning lights have not gone away.

Still three yellow lights are on, tracs, ABS and check engine.

I hooked up an OBD reader and it told me the ONE stored code was a P1550 code. WHAT IS THIS and where online can you read these???

Also, the Cruise control doesn't / hasn't worked since all this has gone down...

advice??

Thanks

Reply to
Dr. Jim Sadler

Since the Speedometer, Cruise control and ABS all use the ABS controller for a vehicle speed sensor when you have it reset all the functions will return. The system does not reset on it's own, automatically.

P1550--vehicle speed sensor signal missing. I see a pattern.:-)

Bob

--The goal when driving is to miss the maximum number of objects.

Reply to
User

thanks for your reply.

So should I just use the ODB2 Reader and use the "RESET" (clear codes) function or should I take it to the Volvo dealer???

thanks

Reply to
Dr. Jim Sadler

If the software you have can read this code then try it, it won't hurt anything. Otherwise you'll have to find a shop with the VIDA software or a dealer.

Bob

Reply to
User