P1800ES

Yes, these are highly desirable collectible cars among Volvo aficionados. The prices are not up there with some of the other European cars but a nicely restored example will fetch a fair amount. If you do a really top notch hot rodding job it could be a cool car, I'm into the stock look myself though.

Reply to
James Sweet

The cars are valued higher than other Volvos of similar years, but I wouldn't approach this car with an idea of fixing it up and making money.

Sounds like it needs a lot of work and time to sort it out, and there are better cars out there to fix up and flog on the market, IF your desire is to make money.

BUT, if you like the car and plan to keep it as a driver, go for it.

Hot rodding it would be OK, as people have been putting small block V-8s in 240s forever.

Here's a link you might find useful...

Mr. V

Group, I just found a 73 pretty cheap. It's marginal but solid. Do these cars have any collectible value? I really like the looks. I'm getting it for a "beater/rain car" to fix up and use. I've done a few engine swap projects in the past, but don't want to "lump" a collector car. I looked around the net. Didn't find much fervor collector wise. I see

*40/*50 turbo motors all over for cheap to stay Volvo. I have access to a Honda S2000 motor/trans that looks like it might fit (237hp). Would using this car as a hotrod platform be a total travesty? Opinions Please. The car has 110,000 miles, a bit of rust but easily fixable, original paint so nothing is hidden. Interior OK except the front seats. Automatic :>P. It's basically just an old car now, thanks Adythemic
Reply to
Adysthemic

I generally agree with the other replies. The S2000 motor might not be such a great idea, though: IIRC this engine has to really scream to make a lot of power, and in a heavier car like the ES it might actually seem slower than the B20E motor in normal driving. I say get the most power from the Volvo engine.

Reply to
mjc1