pbutler111 nasty behavior consistent

FYI: Readers of the June 27 pbutler111 thread "What's my car worth " where she attacked every responder should know that this is consistent with her behavior and reputation on other newsgroups (a google groups search for pbutler).

Reply to
mccaldwell

You appear to have way too much time on your hands. I asked a sensible question, and I asked it politely. In response I got a torrent of abuse. I thank the polite and helpful people who contacted me by email with the answers I was looking for. As for the rest of you, this seems to be the most exciting thing that's ever happened in your life. I wish you luck in continuing to milk it.

Reply to
PButler111

What, it's taken you this long to realise it?

I plonked (killfiled) her within a few days of her trolling, abusive behaviour arriving here.

Reply to
athol

I've posted here maybe a dozen times, total, in the past ten years. And if you killfiled me right after my first post, years ago, how do you know what my posting here was like?

Reply to
PButler111

*plonque* ~~~ The biggest obstacle on the path to success is the stupidity of others.

My eBay Stuff:

John in NH

364 posts in alt.autos.volvo = "maybe a dozen times, total, in the past ten years".

He'd still see responses to your posts, and your posting history is on Google, as indicated in the link above.

Reply to
Bev A. Kupf

Which amounts to all of about 4.5 post a month, on average, since 1998. Pretty much all of those involved me asking questions and having kind, polite people answer them. In fact, taking a look at the old posts, I'm reminded of one where I said I needed a new armrest for my first 240 wagon, wondering where I might buy one. Another poster emailed me for my address and simply mailed me an entire box of spare bits for my wagon, including the armrest I needed -- completely free of charge. Over the years I've found this newsgroup, for the most part, to be just that kind of place. Because you misunderstood something and went into full snit mode over it doesn't reflect badly on me, or on this newsgroup. Once again, I asked a sensible question in a polite way, and other sensible, polite people sent me the information I needed. You're free to move on now.

Reply to
PButler111

Simply making the point that either your memory or your ability to state facts is bad (364 != 12, or even a baker's dozen).

Did you forget that you don't control Usenet or anyone else's time?

Reply to
Bev A. Kupf

The point you made seems to be that you have a lot of time on your hands and an overwhelming desire to start a flight over pretty much nothing. I don't post here very much. All you did was confirm that.

Fine, Bev, you just go right ahead. If this is what you consider to be a productive use of your time and energy, you have a good time. *plonk*

Reply to
PButler111

I've no desire to start a fight (not flight - a Freudian slip of the fingers, perhaps?).

If you're off-base about one set of facts (so easily verifiable), I've no doubt you're way off base about other less easily verifiable sets of facts. For example, a mechanic who can look at an engine and distinguish between one that has run 101,000 miles and one that run 188,000 miles (Your mechanic, Rolf, says he _cannot_).

Or, the question that started this all - the condition of a 1989 Volvo

240.
Reply to
Bev A. Kupf