Pictures of 1985 240 DL (Looking to buy)

Here are some pictures I shot this morning. Couple of things about the pics:

1- the car is in low light and covered with dew. 2- The hood is not damaged, something doesn't work well with a hood hinge, it sticks. The owner is away and if she has a trick, I need to know it. 3- The interior is dirty, but not rips, tears or stains. The driver's seat is shot. 4- I noticed in the one pic, under the car at the main seal, what looks like green drops. I am curious if this is coolant, or something else.

That's about here. Feel free to chime in. Her asking price is $1,000.00 but I am thinking more like $700.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

Looking over the pics, the coolant I see underneath may just be from what looks like a leaky hose here on top:

Jamie

Hi Jamie,

Just a few comments on the pix. Great idea BTW. You know what they say: "A picture is worth a..........................."

Photo #5 shows seatbelts for a third seat. Lift the lid on the rear floor by the rear entrance. If there's a third seat in there you've struck the "mother lode". It's probably worth half the value of the car! This photo also shows the grab bar at the rear end of the roof for a third seat.

Photo #6: R.H.S. door jamb (where the lock latch is located). This is part of the rear wheel arch and is white, not body color. L.H.S. seems to have the same anomaly. Has the car been repainted? or these parts replaced?

The body looks to be in good shape, generally. Even those infamous rear mudflaps! I guess not to many parallel parking spots have been backed into............

Good Luck. Andy I. ('57 445 wagon; '65 122S wagon; '67 121 2-door Direct Import; '74 142 2-door; '74 145 wagon; '86 245 Wagon; '93 245 "Classic"Wagon.)

Reply to
Andy

Thanks Andy, As far as I can tell it looks to either all be original silver, or if it was repainted, it was redone silver. Tomorrow I should get to meet with the owner.

I was very surprised when I found the 3rd row seat - with seatbelts! It's in great shape, too,

Will know more tomorrow!

Thanks again, Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

Those pieces of crap are still worth money? My mom's 245 had one from new, even when I was a kid it was cramped and uncomfortable. It took up the locking cargo bin, seatbelts are mounted in holes punched in the headliner so if you take out the seat you still have ugly bolts or holes there. I took out the seat and threw it away years ago, I can't imagine why anyone would want one, let alone pay money for it.

Reply to
James Sweet

Where is this "mother load"? I have 4 or 5 of these seats. Maby I can retire.

Reply to
Volvo Guy