Power seat repaired, only jogs forward

I know this question has been asked before, but I am asking again because I haven't been able to find the answer quickly. The power seat back on my '94

850 wagon wasn't moving forward. So I did the fix on
but instead of replacing the cable, I shortened it as per the instructions in 'power seat issues' thread. The good news, is I can now jog the seat forward. What do I need to do to have it go back and forth normally? I have read someplace about resetting travel potentiometers, is that something that needs to be done here?Appreciate any help
Reply to
SAG

SAG wrote in news:Xns97CC994B5CE2Fgreybhotmailcom@130.81.64.196:

I found an answer, please disregard. My wife will now be happy, her seat won't always be too far reclined!

Reply to
SAG

For anyelse who is interested. Once the cable has been repaired the seat back will either be too far back or too far forward. If it's too far back pull steadily forward on the headrest while jogging the switch until you reach the full forward limit of the seat back. The seat should reset to the new forward limit. Perform the similar operation to reach the rear limit if necessary. An assistant pulling from the back seat will make the job easier.

Bob

Bob

Reply to
User