Power steering pump bracket (W/O AC) cracked on a 83 245

My power steering pump bracket(aluminum) which bolts the PS pump to the side of the engine is cracked, causing bad belt slippage. This car does not have AC, and the bracket is different than anything I have been able to find at the junk yard(mostly cars with AC). Are these brackets easy to come by?

Do you think JB Weld would hold the bracket together?

Thanks

-Gary

83 245 155K
Reply to
uncleharvey

Okay JB Weld is starting to crack as well. Does anyone know where to get a PS pump mount/bracket for a car W/O Air? Probably an expensive part from the dealer. Haven't been able to find one in two weeks looking at the junk yards. Any ideas??

Reply to
uncleharvey

Find someone with a TIG welder - round here there are several small workshops with a welder who would do that sort of job for beer money.

Reply to
Stewart Hargrav