Power steering pump making noise on my 940

The power steering pump on my 1995 940 (64,000 miles) is making straining noises as if it's low on fluid. I've checked the level and it's fine. I can't feel any difference in the resistance as a drive but, any turn makes the same noise that's made on a full turn to the left or right.

Anyone have any idea what's going on? I've never had a steering pump go bad but, I'm sure it does happen.

Thanks for any help Don

Reply to
Don

Don decided to add:

My 940's been "squeaking" rather loudly on full lock for about 7 years now... I always put it down to a bit of belt slip under extreme lock....

Reply to
bigjon

It`s the seals passing fluid in the power steering ram that makes the noise. Mark

Reply to
mark

snipped-for-privacy@ems-fife.co.uk decided to add:

obviously nothing to worry about ??