Power Window Woes

1994 940 turbo Wagon

Driver's power window binds up about 4" from the bottom. Interior door panel bulges in quite severely at this point.

Removed the door panel thinking that the inner plastic shield was misplaced and binding but it turns out that I still have the problem. When it comes to a halt it sounds like the power window motor is just about to die.

I wonder if any parts are missing, I did the right front window first so I did not have it to compare with as I put it all back to rights first. On the left front window I feel a rubber/felt on the forward side and a large plastic channel on the aft.

Any suggestions?

I serviced the other three windows while I was at it and all were fine except the back right which when I removed the door panel I found the rubber/felt guide and a plastic tuning fork laying in the bottom of the door.

I put the rubber/felt guide back in but it took me quite a while to figure out where the plastic tuning fork went.

I noticed that the two back windows push in on the interior door panel when you lower them but only just a little. The right front window doesn't do this at all. It is my guess that it is ok for a little of this to happen, right?

Thanks KLB

Reply to
KLB

PS Also found a half of a plastic red washer with the other window parts in the right rear door. Something to worry about?

Reply to
KLB