Premium system and commerical Surround Sound CD's?

Don¹t know if this has come up before. Recently acquired a 2004 V70 with premium sound system (HU-803) featuring pro logic surround sound. However, 2 new surround sound CD¹s at Best Buy wouldn¹t play, and another that I know works perfectly on an Acura TL surround system also won¹t play. Service manager says he has had other customers complain about the same thing; that it¹s a VOLVO ³software² thing. Apparently it is not compatible with certain commercial products. Is this true? The CD that I know is playable is a 5.1 music disc that requires a DTS-capable playback system. I don't recall what the Best Buy discs were other than surround sound. What kind of discs will play other than ordinary CD¹s? Rob---

Reply to
Rob Presley

Search the forums at

There is a lot about the sound & quality of the premium sound/HU-803 system.

Reply to