problem with rear light cluster, volvo 740 wagon-86

Attempting to remove rear light cluster, specifically rear light studs, on 740 Wagon-86, (bottom studs), I have two problems, 1) I can not get a proper tool in through 'jack housing' into rear light housing, 2) when I get slightly improper tool in there, it does not provide enough room, angle to have proper amount of torque without breaking the nut.

read the links at

any suggestions?

Reply to
Zzeus

Borrow a kid with small hands. I had my grandson pull the cluster when I had to repair his mothers wagon.

Harold

Reply to
Grtdane

You need a deep 8mm (or is it 10mm?) socket, 6" extension and ratchet, all 1/4" drive. A little grease in the socket will stop the nut from falling.

Reply to
Mike F